Saturday, May 25, 2019
The City of Towanda provides a citywide cleanup day through Waste Connections annually for the disposal of large or excess refuse.
The following guidelines must be observed.
- No hazardous wastes (used motor oil, lead-based paint, car batteries, etc.)
- No liquids of any kind
- No yard waste (grass, leaves, branches, limbs, etc.). These items may be taken to the City's limb site.
- No refrigerators, freezers, or air conditioners
- No tires
- No construction/demolition waste (large amounts of wood, concrete, etc.)
- All items must be placed at the curb
- Start placing items at the curb the week before. Pick-up will start early the day of.
Questions may be directed to City Hall at 316-536-2243 or Waste Connections at 316-838-6664.
In addition, code enforcement will begin this spring by section. Please see in information below for details.