top of page
The City of Towanda offers an annual, free citywide garbage removal cleanup day for City residents. Waste Connections, the City's contracted waste removal company, makes a one-time pass through the City, beginning at approximately 6:00am, to remove items placed at the curb for disposal.
Specific questions (prior to the day) can be directed to Towanda City Hall (316-536-2243) or Waste Connections (316-838-6664).
The following guidelines MUST be observed regarding items placed for removal:
1. No hazardous wastes (used motor oil, lead-based paint, car batteries, etc.)
2. No liquids of any kind
3. No yard waste (grass, leaves, branches, limbs, etc.). These items can be disposed of at the City's brush site.
4. No refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, or any other appliances with a compressor
5. No tires
6. No construction or demolition waste (large amounts of wood concrete, sheetrock, etc.)
7. All items must be placed at the curb
2023 CLEANUP DAY:
SATURDAY, APRIL 22, 2023
bottom of page