Frequently Asked Questions

How do I sign up for City utilities?

The City provides services for water, sewer, trash, and streets. A utility connection form must be completed and sumbitted to City Hall with a valid driver's license or state I.D. along with payment of the $25.00 non-refundable service charge. Connection Form

Do I need to register my dog with the City?

Yes. A City license and tag is required of all dogs within city limits. The license must be renewed annually but is free of charge from January - March and within 30 days of new residency. Current rabies vaccination documentation must be provided to obtain the license and tag.

Do I need a permit for repairs at my property (roof, windows, siding, fence, electric, plumbing, etc.)?

You may. Please contact the Code Enforcement Officer at City Hall for details.

How do I report a street light out?

Most street lights in town are maintained by Evergy (previously Westar Energy). Report an outage by calling 1-800-544-4857 or online at

Can I pay my utility bill online?

Yes! Please see the Payments page for details.